Our Construction Process
We do two things, and only two things very well…
- Home Additions
- Granny Flats
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Kitchen Remodeling
- Whole House Remodeling
This is how we do most of our projects:
- The process typically starts with a telephone conversation to go over your plans for your project – schedule, rough cost, and any uniqueness to your project.
- Set an appointment for an in-home consultation. I’m upfront with what I can and cannot do and costs, including possible unknown costs if any. I hate “selling”, I will tell you what I can do for a fair price and you decide. I’ll give you some great design ideas.
- You make a decision to hire us … or not.
- Sign a contract, collect a deposit, and set a schedule.
- Do your legwork – go to Home Depot or your favorite supplier and decide on your design materials. It’s highly beneficial to have the design set and all materials on-site prior to invading your house with workers. But sometimes, that’s not feasible for the homeowner, so we do the best we can within the limitations.
- Get the job done. Yes, sometimes we find things like termite damage or degraded plumbing after opening things up which require a change order. But I’m always upfront with this and don’t gouge the homeowner with these unknown extras. I’m a homeowner also and treat people how I’d like to be treated.
- Collect final payment.
- Homeowner smiles
You Control Your Cost
My quotes are usually for labor and construction materials. It does not include DESIGN MATERIALS.
Construction materials are the items you DO NOT see on the finished product – pipes, wires, concrete, underlayment, screws, etc.
Design materials are the items you DO see on the finished product – cabinets, tile, lighting, faucets, etc.
You Control Your Costs better this way by purchasing your own design materials separately.
But, for those clients that don’t want to hassle with shopping and selecting, just tell us, “ I want light colored cabinets, dark tops, large tile…. and make it look good.” We know where to get quality products for a great value that will fit your space and look amazing!